- (707) 468-8991
- 260 Hospital Drive Suite 111 Ukiah CA 95482
Treatment for Stomatitis and Mouth Ulcers
Stomatitis is inflammation of the mucous lining of any of the soft-tissue structures in the mouth
– including the cheeks, gums, tongue, lips, and roof or floor of the mouth. Stomatitis can be caused by conditions in the mouth, including poor oral hygiene, ill-fitting dentures, burns from hot food or drinks, or by conditions that affect the entire body -- medications, allergic reactions, or infections. Severe iron deficiency can cause stomatitis.
Generalized or contact stomatitis can result from excessive use of alcohol, spices, hot food, or tobacco. Mouthwashes, toothpastes, and lipstick can sometimes irritate the lining of the mouth. Exposure to heavy metals, such as mercury and leadcan cause stomatitis. Thrush, a fungal infection, is also a type of stomatitis.
Stomatitis is usually painful. It involves redness, swelling, and occasionally, bleeding. Bad breath may also be a symptom.
MYERS Medical has more than 80 compound formulations we call "Magic Mouthwashes" to help treat a broad range of mouth disorders. We can combine ingredients from the following list of antibiotics, antivirals, antihistamines, steroids and protective coating medications in any combination and strength required.
- Chloropheniramine Maleate
For this condition and countless others, we have more than 3,000 compound formulations. This site covers only about 200 of them. And we are continually adding new ones. If you do not see a treatment you think you will meet your needs, please call and ask one of our Pharmacists for a personal consultation. We regularly handle special requests and will be happy to work with you and your medical practitioner, to develop a custom formulation that will generate a successful outcome for you.
If you have a question about this condition or any of the medications available to treat it, please feel free to use the "Email Us" button at the top of the page, or call us.
- Dental Compounding
- Dermatology Treatments
- Hormones & Endocrinology Services
- Hospice/Oncology Compounding
- Pain Treatments
- Pediatrics Services
- Podiatry Compounding
- Special Medication Compounding
- Veterinary Solutions
"The staff gives personal and knowledgeable pharmaceutical advice efficiently and reasonably. You won't find this kind of service just anywhere! We love Myers Medical Pharmacy!"