- (707) 468-8991
- 260 Hospital Drive Suite 111 Ukiah CA 95482
Treatment for Autism
Autism is a Childhood Developmental Disorder
It causes failures of communication, abnormal development and desire for sameness. These symptoms can appear in children as young as 4 months. Neurological abnormalities are most common but the whole body is affected.
Unfortunately, there is no current cure for autism and the disorder is not fully understood. It may be caused by a number of different factors. Genetics are the most common determinant, along with metabolic abnormalities caused by injury to a fetus during pregnancy, enzyme weaknesses and neural transmitter imbalances -- (particularly elevated levels of serotonin).
The First Steps in Treating Autism Involve Changing Diet and Supplementing the Diet with Vitamins
Because patients who suffer from autism vary widely in their gastrointestinal and immune system involvement, their dietary and vitamin regimens need to be tailored to each patient. And treatment must be more symptom-based and individualized because it affects each person differently.
MYERS Medical Offers Customized Treatments
We can prepare various prescription products in pleasant-tasting oral liquids, topical creams and rectal delivery forms. Some of the ingredients we use are:
- Vitamin and Magnesium combinations
- DMSA (meso-dimercaptosuccinic acid)
- Glutathione – (also known by Gamma-Glutamylcysteinylglycine, Gamma-L-Glutamyl-L-Cysteinylglycine, L-gamma-glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine, L-Glutathione, GSH, N-(N-L-gamma-Glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine) -- is a substance produced naturally by the liver. It is also present in fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Naltrexone -- a derivative of naloxone used as an orally active and long-acting potent pure narcotic antagonist.
- Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate -- a mineral our bodies need. About half the magnesium stored in our bodies is in our bones.
- Secretin -- a hormone made by glands in the small intestine that acts to stimulate pancreatic secretions.
- Melatonin – a neural transmitter. Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland, and is intimately involved in regulating the sleeping and waking cycles, among other processes.
If you have a question about this condition or any of the medications available to treat it, please feel free to use the "Email Us" button at the top of the page, or call us.
- Dental Treatments
- Dermatology Treatments
- Hormones & Endocrinology Treatments
- Hospice/Oncology Treatments
- Pain Treatments
- Pediatrics Treatments
- Podiatry Treatments
- Special Medications
- Veterinary Treatments